The third & final stage of Civil Services Examination is the “Personality Test”, more commonly known as the Interview. The questions asked in the interview are on matters of general interest. A board of highly competent and unbiased members along with the chairman consist the interview panel so as to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service. The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate encompassing not only his/her intellectual qualities but also social traits and his/her interest in current aﬀairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion & leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
NEXT IAS conducts an exclusive course called Civil Services Comprehensive Interview Programme under the guidance of Mr. B. Singh (Ex. IES) CMD, MADE EASY Group & a panel of experts after the result of CSE Main Examination is declared. The interview panel consists of very experienced & highly reputed subject & psychological experts. The programme emphasizes on inculcating all the necessary qualities needed to perform decently in the Personality Test. Our panel members help to lter out the weaknesses & psychological setbacks of the candidates. Various dedicated sessions are conducted to ensure the best possible preparation. At the end of sessions, 3-4 Mock Interviews are conducted. We also provide the facility of accessing video coverage of the Mock Interviews so that a candidate can assess & understand his/her weakness & improve on it. A useful guidance could bring valuable improvement in the performance.
- The content of the study material is designed as per the syllabus and exam pattern of the Civil Services Examination. However, it is also very useful for State Public Services and other Competitive Examinations.
- The study material is analytical as well as comprehensive in nature to deal with the requirements of both Prelim and Main stages of the Civil Services Examination.
- The study material is integrated with previous years questions of Civil Services Examination.
- The study material is revised at regular intervals as per the latest happenings, developments and changes in the syllabus.
- E-Subscription of Monthly Current Affairs Magazines of NEXT IAS is included.
The Comprehensive Interview Programme includes following sessions:
DAF Analysis: One to One Session
This session is conducted by a team of 4-5 highly experienced faculty/experts having varied background led by Mr. B. Singh (CMD, MADE EASY Group). It includes One-to-One session for guiding candidates to generate questions based on the Detailed Application Form which will be analyzed further to ensure that no area is left out.
Discussion on Personal Profile & DAF
1. DAF related aspects :
Ways to answer questions on DAF related areas such as hobbies and interests, extra-curricular activities, educational achievements, prizes/medals and scholarships, service preference, previous selections etc.
2. General interview related aspects :
- Convincing reasons to explain gap in study, quitting previous job etc.
- Techniques to face interview; do’s and don’ts of interview.
- Approach to answer situation based questions.
- Acquainting candidates with board composition and brief profile of UPSC members.
- Latest developments related to science and technology, environment and climate change, social issues, administrative policies and other
Discussion on Current Issues
- Major current issues of National and International importance and how to answer opinion based questions on such issues.
- Discussion on various Government policies, welfare schemes, budget and various economic aspects of the country.
- Latest developments related to science and technology, environment and climate change, social issues, administrative policies and other miscellaneous topics.
Discussion on Home State
- An overview of your home state.
- Demographic & geographical perspective.
- Industry and agriculture.
Exclusive sessions for Engineering background candidates
- Lectures covering basic concepts and areas of application of engineering subjects of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science
and Information Technology domain.
- Discussion on previous interview questions of technical subjects.
- Separate session for each stream which will be supplemented by a brief interview guidance material for the above mentioned branches,containing basic denitions, principles, applications, latest developments and previous questions.
Budget and Economic Survey
- An overview of the Budget & Economic Survey from the interview point of view.
- Key highlights of Budget including key government schemes, allocation of funds and vision of the Government on economic policies.
- Key highlights of Economic Survey and minute details regarding eﬀects on economy.
- The interview panel will consist of retired Civil Servants, personality and HR experts, psychologists and subject matter experts.
- For Engineering Graduates an expert from technical background will be made available for better preparation and experience.
- Each mock interview will be video recorded and recording of the same will be made available to the candidate.